Monday, July 11, 2011

Hot and Bothered

Just a quick note to let you all know that I have not been online much because I have not only been busy with my kids and trying to help my mom prepare for her move to Virginia, but both of my Grandmother's are in the hospital.  I haven't felt like blogging, because I have been worried.  For now, they are both OK.  Thank the Lord.

Incidentally, it is 120 degrees here with the heat index today.  We went to the pool, but we were all worn out from the sun and swimming within just a couple hours.

I planned to take the kid's to the county fair tomorrow, but it is supposed to actually be hotter (you know, I thought I lived in Kentucky, not Saudi Arabia) and storms are supposed to move into the area in the evening.  My luck, I would shell out the cost of admission and then have a huge lightening storm hit.  I can experience the thrills of electrocution without paying for it, thank you very much.

Everyone stay cool and hydrated.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you, April but I am sorry to hear the news about your grandmothers. It sounds as though you have every reason to feel hot and bothered with those temperatures! Hope the storm cools things down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me laugh...not the part about your grandmas. Having both ill at the same time can be quite traumatic. Praying for them and you.

    ReplyDelete

Give me something to think about.