Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Best News EVER!!


This is my youngest child when she was 4 days old.

Alina-Rose 

She was born in October 2004 with a full head of black hair and the sweetest disposition.  I have never seen such a happy or sweet baby.  

When she was 2 weeks old, her pediatrician heard a heart murmur.


She was diagnosed with Atrial Septal Defect.  Basically, she had a hole in her heart.

A fairly common defect in newborns.  The hole usually closes within a month of birth.

Those that don't close in a month, usually close in 6 months.

If the hole doesn't close in 6 months, it can close in the next couple of years, but usually doesn't.

Then it needs surgical intervention.

SURGERY!  On my baby!

So, for the first 3 years of her life she went to the cardiologist every few months.

When she was 4 the hole was still there and I was told that we didn't need to come back until she  6, when they would likely do surgery.

I prayed.  I worried.  I prayed more.

Yesterday, she went for her 6 year old cardiology check-up.

And I witnessed a miracle.

THE HOLE IS CLOSED!

Her heart is completely normal with no lingering ill effects.

Yesterday was a truly wonderful and blessed day.

My healthy girl in her pool.  God is good.





6 comments:

  1. Oh, April, this one made me cry! Thanks be to God.

    Those were the most adorable pictures I have ever seen.
    Love the hats!

    kt

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GORGEOUS little girl you have - she has the most amazing smile, right from the start!

    I am so, so happy for your great news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been away for 3 days and am just starting to read all the blog posts I missed in my absence. Yours is the first I've chosen to read and I'm SO glad I did! This is wonderful news, April! I can imagine how that worry these past 6 years will have been silently eating into your heart! As Linda says, your little miracle truly has the most gorgeous smile!

    Big hug,
    Des xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. She is very special (and she knows it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news!
    My only daughter was a preemie and the pedia picked up a heart murmur on her first check-up post hospital.
    Hers also closed up but within 6 months. I can't imagine the worry and stress you've gone through for the last 6 yrs.
    Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sharing in your miracle brought tears of joy to my heart...What a marvelous blessing!
    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Give me something to think about.