Monday, June 20, 2011

April and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!

This morning I woke up happy and at peace with the world.  And then I stretched.  And then I heard a loud 'crack' come from my neck region.  Now, I have the world's worst kink in my neck with terrible pain traveling into my shoulder.

Now, before anyone gets the idea that I was doing some sort of intense stretch like this:


I would like to assure you that I was lying in bed and merely stretched my body in a STRAIGHT line...really...more of a deep breathing and tensing.

I have been suffering horribly every since!  First, I took a couple of naproxen.  Didn't touch it.

Then, I took a couple of vicodins (that I have been hoarding since I had my wisdom tooth out, for just such an emergency).  Unlike a lot of people, they don't make me tired.  They make me wired.  So, my house got clean and I organized some closets and made lunch.

Things were looking up, until my son came to tell me he had dropped my 6 month old, really nice camera that I only had in the first place because I won it.

Gloom and despair!  It is broken...really broken...I am just sick about it.  I used it nearly every day.  I loved it and there is no way I can afford to replace it anytime soon.

I was really mad and sad and weepy and all of that emotion must have burnt through my vicodin haze, because my neck started hurting with a fiery pain that makes my eyes float!

I really hope that it eases up soon.  It is definitely making me feel very irritable.

It is one of those days where I can't wait for it to end.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better...especially if I don't start it by stretching.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! This picture is perfect...hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, April...that is certainly a tragedy, since I loved seeing your photographs...what a blow! :(

    I had to laugh at your humorous account of how you managed to inflict this injury on yourself and loved the picture demonmstrating what you'd not been doing at the time...you are just so darned funny!

    I'm not laughing at your pain right now, though...neither the physical nor emotional variety you're currently experiencing! I feel really miserable for you, too! :(

    I did have a good laugh at your hyper-energetic cleaning while the meds lasted, though. That's good to remember any time you're in a housecleaning slump and need a dose of encouragement ;)

    Now get busy entering competitions to win yourself an even snazzier camera...and keep it strictly "OFF LIMITS" to the kids!

    Big hug,
    Des xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Give me something to think about.