Wednesday, May 25, 2011

If I don't watch it, someone might drop a house on me.

Today has been a beautiful day, but we have been under a tornado watch all day and we are supposed to be getting some severe storms tonight.  It is the same system that just hit OK and KS.  If we do end up getting hit, it will be another one of those long sleepless nights. Again.

I have spent most of the day outside and that went fine until about 5 minutes ago when I had to screech at some neighbor's teen age sons.

See these 16 or 17 year old boys had my daughter's little purple ball playing four square.  My kids went to play and as soon as they made a mistake they were 'out',  but when the large bully boys made a mistake they told my kids that they were having a 'tournament' and they just kept playing, so my kids never got a turn after the first time-  WITH THEIR OWN BALL.  

Yes, my 6 and 10 year old were standing watching these two play and never getting a turn because basically they were being conned.  Even worse, one of them kept taking my son's ball cap and slapping it on his own head and getting my son all upset.  We have worked for years with his therapist to teach him about 'personal space' and here this 6 foot tall, 250 lb teenager was violating it.  

So, I initially said that they needed to give my kids their ball back because they weren't playing fair.  Yes, I actually was managing to keep from kicking anyone in the groin and behaving like an adult.  That is until one of the boys starts to argue with me and has the gall to tell me that my kids were 'happy' with the way things were.  

Really, assface?  Cause they didn't seem happy when they came to me about it.  They seemed positively weepy, ya know, the opposite of happy.

Still, I didn't run for a butcher knife or a baseball bat.  I just told them to give the ball up and that they should be ashamed of themselves for trying to bully little kids out of a playground game.  AND the shits had the nerve to continue to yell and argue and act obnoxious.  

Then... then I lost my cool.  I thought my left eye was going to pop out on to my cheek and dangle from the pressure in my head.  I do know I was shrieking 'You are WRONG!!  WRONG!!  Cheating little kids with their own ball when you are frigging grown!  You should be so ashamed!'  One of them did the usual rude and disrespectful rolling of the eyes and stupid cocky look teenagers like to do and the other still is trying to argue his point.  Like I would ever agree that it was OK to pull such stupid crap on little kids, but most especially mine!  My parting words were "I'm an adult.  You are a punk.  I am right.  You are wrong and don't even think of doing this again"  Yes, I realize now that I sounded like Mr.  Wormwood from Matilda, but I was irate.  The fact that I felt stabby and no one was bleeding is the best outcome I can manage.

So, tonight, when the winds are howling, I will be especially watchful for small Kansas farmhouses to land on my witchy ass.

2 comments:

  1. I missed this, April! But, I'm here now...what a lousy situation for you to have to sort out and what rude kids! Yep, I thought our fenced in yards might serve a purpose...too much 'neighbourly' sharing could get me stewed too! You do tell such a good story though that even though I felt my own blood beginning to boil at the audacity of those kids, I just wasn't able to suppress my loud belly laughs at your hilarious descriptions! Masterful, that's all I can say :)

    Big hug,
    Des xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...neighbors can be a blessing and a curse, especially when kids are involved. I know kids will be kids, but these two were grown. Worse, a relative of theirs had the nerve to say that I was just 'bossy' and 'stuck-up'. I wonder when they shoot someone in a robbery if she will call the victims 'whiners'.

    ReplyDelete

Give me something to think about.