Monday, April 11, 2011

My youngest and I have been battling a nasty cold all week and my stupid wrist injury is giving me trouble, so I haven't been on my computer much, to blog or otherwise.

I have been working on my 'butt dent' in the couch by watching lots and lots of TV.  Mostly junk, but there is the occasional good show or movie.  Last night I watched one of my very favorites, The Amazing Race.  I don't know if any of you all watch, but if you do, I bet you will agree that it is time for the goth couple to go.

I have been increasingly irritated with them.  It started when the girl had a meltdown during a relatively simple challenge and has snowballed to lots of deception and shady behavior.  I realize people are competing for a million dollar prize, but I would like to think that my ethical self doesn't have a selling point.

I hoped they would get eliminated last night, but instead the Chinese-American father-daughter team got the boot.  Just as well, the girl was great but her father was obnoxious and irritating, too.  I think his most annoying trait was trying to eat in the middle of challenges all the time, talk about an inability to prioritize. Hmmmm....beginning to wonder why I watch.

I guess it is all of the neat places they travel and all of the interesting challenges- making cow poop patties to fuel fires was a particularly nasty one last night.  And, not all of the contestants are annoying.

I used to watch Survivor, but I got sick of all the back-stabbing, sniping and gossiping.  If I found that interesting, I would go back to high school.  That being said, I would never, ever be able to compete on Survivor.

Even if I were willing to be so filthy and tired, I would likely be the first contestant to throttle someone.  The only thing worse than being stranded on an island would be being stranded with a bunch of people.  Shocking that I don't care for people, I know.

Here's hoping for a quiet week of recuperation and good TV.

2 comments:

  1. I have wondered why you've been so quiet this past week! Now I know! Sorry to hear you've not been well, but it sure hasn't dampened your spark! Great to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DON'T LIKE THOSE DARNED RELITY SHOWS!
    I think they screen contestants for the ones who will most likely be lying, cheating, back-stabbing, self-absorbed, showoffs! Most of them are trying to use this venue to launch themselves into the movies etc..... kt

    ReplyDelete

Give me something to think about.