Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finally feeling better

I wish to thank everyone for their kind messages for me to get well.  I only had a cold, but it was a doozy!  I think I sneezed more in the last week than I have in the last 10 years.

Of course, all that sneezing just made my head pound, and if I was really lucky, I got to experience the lovely phenomenon of stress incontinence.  Yeah Me!

Now, I am lucky enough to be awake at 5 am, because my son woke up vomiting at 2 am and I haven't been able to get back to sleep.  I realize that my son being sick IS the bigger issue, but looking at a full day on 3 1/2 hours sleep has made me very self-pitying.

On the very happy side of things- I get my new washer and dryer delivered today!!!!!  I am soooo happy!  I can't wait to show it love with the 20 loads of dirty clothes I have waiting in the scary utility closet.  I have not had a washer and dryer for a couple of years and the weekly schlep to my Mom's (or worse- the laundrymat) has gotten really old.  This week, I was so low on clean clothing options, that I wore neon orange yoga pants 2 days in a row.  Nothing like a fat lady in skin-tight, retina-singeing pants.

It is a really nice set with all kinds of neat features.  The washer doesn't have a load setting for you to select- it has a sensor that selects the amount of water needed automatically.  The dryer has a sensor that will stop it once the clothes are dry.  This will either be wonderful or awful- I have been saying for years that my clothes get shrunk in the dryer and it will be nice not to have that happen, unless of course I was delusional and the clothes weren't shrinking at all. . .

Finally, before I end this post, I would like to comment on some of the strange SPAM emails I receive.  I get the regular old SPAM for 'male enhancement' and 'hot girls' (though they really are pitching to the wrong demographic...) and the get rich quick schemes.  This morning, however, I saw a new one that just made me think how over-stimulated (and pathetic) many people are today.  It was for a service touting their ability to deliver your internet on the beach.

THE BEACH!  The place where you go to relax and connect with nature.  A place filled with sand FOR GOD'S SAKE!!  Who would take a computer anywhere near sand?!  I can't go near a beach without picking sand out of my nethers for 3 days- I can only imagine the effect it would have on a computer.  Never mind the fact that life guards are the only people supposed to be working at a beach.

Sad indeed to think that somewhere someone is compelled to check email and shop on Amazon when they should be enjoying the sights, sounds and smells unique to the beach.  Then people wonder why society is in shambles.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the add Whoopie has on the incontinence subject? Cracks me up (until it happens to me). I don't dare step up onto a step or sneeze when I have to pee or, you know!

    But this comment broke me up, "Nothing like a fat lady in skin-tight, retina-singeing pants." Mann, you really know how to paint a picture.

    As for, "picking sand out of my nethers" that just capped it for me. You tell it like it is girl, I like that about you!

    Glad you are feeling better (and your son too). The washer & dryer would be a dream come true for me too. I use my mother's old set from the 1960s. They don't make em like that any more (to last that is). kt

    ReplyDelete

Give me something to think about.