Thursday, January 20, 2011

Let's Get Random!

I don't have one specific thing in mind for blogging today, just some random thoughts.

Let's start with the big weather news around here.  I was woke up at a few minutes before 6 by an automated call from the school board saying school had been cancelled.

I go to the window and everything looks fine and other than some creepy fog that lasted until this afternoon, nothing worth cancelling school happened until school would have normally ended, anyway.

This is what has happened in the last hour
The Back Yard

Yesterday my daughter made her own T-shirt, which I think is so cute and creative.  She did it free hand, on her lap in about 20 mins.  Next time she decided to stretch the shirt over a board to make it easier to draw on.

Super Cute!!  

I got my electric bill a couple days ago and it was ridiculous for the second month in a row.  I never turn my heat up to even comfortable, much less warm.  Still, it is triple what it was this summer and I used the air conditioning almost daily!  I already wore sweaters, heavy socks and slippers, now I am carrying a big comforter everywhere and last night I slept fully dressed.  I don't know what else to do.  It makes me sooooo upset!!

I got an email notice that my daughter had won a Scholastic giveaway for the Despicable Me DVD.  Yeah!  But they want a signed affidavit from me, my daughter and a W-9 mailed to them to claim the $15 DVD.  What, no blood or urine sample?  I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I have won prizes valued at well over $200 and not had to do more than provide an address.  Way to be a buzzkill, Scholastic!

I think I am going to make some sugar cookies later with the kids when they come in from playing in the snow.  That and hot cocoa sounds so yummy and the oven will heat up the kitchen for a while.

Stay safe and warm everyone.





1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    My daughter keeps her house VERY cold (she lives in CT). They use feather comforters.

    I bought one of those fire places (or my dad did) last winter. They use very little energy and keeps the furnace from popping on (or staying on). Cut our bill way down.

    Dad gets cold easily, so I bought him one of those personal electric lap throws (that also helps me keep my thermostat down).

    This spring, though, I am going to have to bite the bullet and have someone come in and reinsulate the attic and possibly the north wall of the house. Oh sure, we'll get tax credits, too bad we can't get them up front so we can pay for the work.

    keep warm.

    You're doing a good job with your blog! kt

    ReplyDelete

Give me something to think about.