Thursday, January 27, 2011

Irritable, mean, rotten and nasty...

I am in a foul mood.  I don't know if it is the unceasing gloom of winter or cabin fever or the flip-flop of middle-age hormones.  All I know is that my already weak and belabored teeth are being ground to nubs as I try to keep from losing it.

I just feel so very irritable.  Every little thing is on my nerves, though, in my defense, they are really annoying little things.

Like, the giant globs of slushy mud I found all over my bathroom- on the rug, in the sink, ON THE WALLS!!!  I guess someone came in from sledding covered in mud and decided to share.

Or, there is my son, who constantly teases my youngest.  Normal stuff, right?  But, I bet what isn't normal is the ear splitting, high-pitch, 135 decibel shriek that she emits when he looks at her cross-eyed. This can happen a dozen times an hour.

I could go on for forever, but I am sure you get the idea.  We need a break in the weather.  Yes, they play outside a lot, especially for winter.  However, when it isn't freezing and wet, we all get outside for most of everyday.

All, I know is that with the number of snow days they are having here, kids will likely lose a month of summer break.  Which is going to mess up my kid's summer camp, which will ruin their summer.  Oh, winter...you kinda suck sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with you! Winter can definitely suck at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is sounding the same. She is pulling her hair out with her two at home from school. They live in CT and have snow up to their arm pits.

    And, Hey...lookey there Clenna is one of my favorite commenters. We have actually become friends and plan to meet this summer when I visit my daughter. She is a real sweetheart and I am glad to see that she has become a follower! kt

    ReplyDelete

Give me something to think about.