Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Candy Canes are not my friend

Originally I intended to post a few pics and make a quick entry about yet another snow day.  However, in light of my latest near-death experience, I feel compelled to warn everyone of the dangers of candy cane wrappers.  Also, given that this is like my 34th near death experience, I wish to respectfully ask the Lord to yank someone else's chain for awhile.  I am tired and a bit twitchy from it all.

 Be aware friends that the innocuous candy cane wrapper can cause you to suffer paroxysms of coughing, gagging, choking, loss of bladder control and in my case, excessive use of the F-word.

It is no joke, make sure there is no lurking bit of invisible and skin-thin plastic on your candy cane.  Because, if there is, when you are happily licking along, you WILL be sorry!  In hopes of relieving yet another bout of nausea (thanks a lot, gastrointestinal system and once again, God, really? again today?  Doesn't that make like 956 sick days out of the last 1,000?), I was licking along, blissfully unaware that I would in mere seconds be horking up a lung and pounding the counters.

It is good to know that while I am trying to not go into the big white light, my kids could still enjoy their video games and Spongebob.  I would have hated for them to be alarmed, though a loud crash as  I fell unconscious might have rattled the TV enough to disturb them.

Now, back to our regular boring blog post:



Another snow day and I couldn't be happier.  I didn't have to schlep my big butt to the bus stop in the freezing cold at 7 am, so my day was already much improved over the usual Tuesday.

Got to use the weather and icy roads as an excuse to bow out of unpleasant obligations and now I plan to spend the day in my PJ's doing nothing.  Ahhh, life is good sometimes.



My youngest with her 'invention' of Snowball on a Stick!



As the Statue of Liberty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me something to think about.